If you intend to employ staff in the Denmark you need to know what type of employee you are recruiting. There are three levels of employee, Executives (Gold collar), salaried employees (white-collar) and workers, Typically hourly paid, (blue-collar). The distinction is an important one as the employee’s legal employment rights vary dependent upon classification.
Quick facts for Denmark:
- 25 days’ holiday per year.
- 37.5 hour average working week. (Maximum 48)
- Termination notice period – 1-6 months.
TopSource Worldwide work with in-country legal experts and our experienced and trained staff can easily guide you through the myriad of complex laws and regulations.
- Fully managed service to assist with routine HR tasks such as absence management and expense processing.
- Guidance on in-territory compliance requirements such as any legal obligation to record time and overtime provisions.
- Ad-hoc support available around the clock to support you when you need it most in the event of any disciplinary, grievance or other HR matters requiring urgent attention.
- Regular updates provided and advice available to ensure that you are made aware of not only significant changes to existing laws but also to ensure ongoing compliance with all aspects of Danish employment law. TopSource Worldwide will bring any issues to your early attention and, where appropriate, work with you to ensure internal policies and handbooks are updated accordingly.
For a thorough EOR service in Denmark, give us a call on: (+44) (0)203 1370217
Contract of Employment
- Each worker is issued with a comprehensive contract of employment (in both Danish and English).
- TopSource Worldwide will appraise you of all the salient in-territory HR rules to ensure you have a thorough understanding of Danish laws and protocols.
- An overview of the statutory requirements will be made available to you prior to the contract offer i.e. the requirement to pay 14 months’ salary (13th month – Christmas bonus normally paid with the November salary and 14th month at the same time as June salary).
- In conjunction with in-country expert advisers, TopSource Worldwide will recommend where these provisions can be enhanced, enabling you to provide a fully competitive salary and benefits package for all your employees.
- Salary, commissions/ bonuses and benefits are agreed with the ‘workside’ employer and contractually included
Payroll & Settlement
- Fully compliant International payroll funding process ensuring that employees and competent authorities are paid on time, electronically, into the relevant bank accounts.
- Statutory filing, submissions and end of year reporting completed as standard.
- Liability payments made in-line with local territory requirements to the tax office (Skatteministeriet).
- Staff payments made to employees on fixed weekly/ bi-weekly/ monthly basis as required in local currency.
- Electronic payslips provided to employees.
We hope that you enjoy a long and mutually beneficial relationship with all your employees. However, if your employee leaves you can rest assured that all off-boarding documentation required by your employee will be issued in a timely manner.
We appreciate each situation and business is different. That is why we offer a consultative and bespoke solution to every client. Personalised job specifications, job offers and benefits packages are all agreed with you during the set up process. We know one size does not ‘fit all’.