Lead Project Management Officer
TopSource Worldwide is a global outsourcing specialist. We provide end-to-end solutions in the fields of accounting, finance and payroll for UK and India-based companies. The services that we provide are entity solutions, employer of record, HR advisory, payroll and accounting outsourcing. We use our product, Portico, to support and enhance the services that we provide.
For details about TopSource Worldwide, please visit our website: https://topsourceworldwide.com/
We seek a highly skilled and experienced PMO lead to join our team; you will support our Programme Director in establishing and managing the Programme Management Office within our organisation.
Help coordinate a team of Project Management professionals to oversee the planning, execution, and control of projects across the organisation.
This role requires strong skill set with deep understanding of project management principles, processes, and methodologies, as well as the ability to drive process improvement initiatives.
The PMO lead will ensure project success, enhance project delivery efficiency and support the realisation of wider business objectives.
Base location: India (Pune)
Reports to: Programme Director
PMO Establishment & Governance
- Establish and maintain the Project Management Office, including defining its Project templates, operating procedures, and governance cadence.
- Develop and implement project management policies, standards, and methodologies.
- Ensure compliance with organisational guidelines and industry best practices.
- Foster a culture of continuous learning and development across the PMO team and organisation.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with senior management, project sponsors and other relevant stakeholders as appropriate.
Project Portfolio Management
- Support the Programme Director in overseeing the management of the project portfolio, including selection, prioritisation, change control, RAID and resource allocation.
- Collaborate with the wider project management team to ensure alignment with project objectives and the organisation’s strategic goals.
- Monitor and Evaluate project performance, providing regular reporting and insights to the Programme Director and for Stakeholder consumption.
- Communicate project/portfolio status, risks, and issues to stakeholders in a timely and effective manner.
Process Improvement and Standardisation
- Proactively identify process inefficiencies and develop initiatives to enhance project delivery, effectiveness and efficiency.
- Implement and enforce project management standards, tools and templates.
- Conduct regular audit assessments to ensure adherence to established processes.
Risk Management and Quality Assurance
- Develop and implement RAID tracking methodology and reporting.
- Establish quality assurance processes and conduct reviews to ensure compliance with quality standards.
- Stay updated on industry trends, best practices and emerging project management methodologies.
- Identify opportunities for continuous improvement within the PMO and drive initiatives accordingly.
- Provide guidance and support for implementing project management tools and software.
- Drive continuous improvement initiatives to enhance the organisation’s project management processes, effectiveness and outcomes.
- Strong leadership and team management skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to collaborate and build relationships with stakeholders at all levels.
- Ability to drive process improvement initiatives and foster a culture of excellence.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, with the ability to prioritise tasks and work under pressure
Qualifications and technical knowledge
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant field (e.g. Business Administration, Project Management)
- Project Management certification is required (PMP – Project Management Professional or Prince2)
- Proven experience in a PMO role, preferably in a Senior capacity.
- In-depth knowledge of project management methodologies standards, software and tools
- Proficient in Project Management software and tools
To apply for this job, email your details to email@example.com.