Hiring in Portugal
Europe’s Westernmost nation is known to us for its wines, wonderful weather and world-class footballers, as well as being a popular tourist spot.
Portugal is a full EU member and part of the Schengen zone. Its economy is advanced and diversified and is highly dependent on interactions with its European neighbours. Services dominate Portugal’s economy and tourism is a key employer, with up to 20 million tourists and pilgrims visiting Portugal each year.
All workers in Portugal are covered by Portugal’s extensive workers’ rights and employment practices are regulated and highly developed. Portuguese wages remain lower than other western European nations, with an average monthly salary of around €900 per month. Although doing business is classed as easy, slow processes and complicated tax and labour regulations make a payroll partner a good investment for those looking to invest in Portuguese labour.
Why use TopSource Worldwide in Portugal?
We free your teams from the burden of managing payroll across borders, working diligently to ensure a seamless process across all activities.
We’ll manage the data flow from you to every local market and will return data to you in a readable format for each of your key teams, including payroll journals if needed.
Our services combine process excellence with a human-centric approach, and our top priority is always the care and compliance of your payroll — no matter where in the world you operate.
- Leverage our experience and ensure in-country Payroll compliance.
- Reduce processing and back office time.
- Align processes, reducing complexity and risk
- A single, centrally managed payroll system that delivers a fluid and consistent service to you and your employees.
- Flexibility of service — adapting to your needs, regardless of the market.
- The option to work with other providers you already have in place, if needed.
- Global HR data management and data tracking where required.
- Global payments support for both employees and authorities.
- A dedicated team and account manager so that you always have a central point of contact
What TopSource Worldwide provides in Portugal
- Simplicity – we provide one monthly consolidated invoice for the services provided inclusive of salaries, taxes, fees and employee expenses. This reduces banking costs and your finance teams time spent.
- One point of contact – a single Account manager looking after all your Payroll.
- Compliance – all funds payable to the employee are processed through payroll. You receive monthly evidence of taxation paid to the competent authorities in country.
- All services are provided by in-country experts that are professionally qualified in their respective fields.
- Electronic payslips for all employees.
- All Statutory filing completed by TopSource Worldwide.
We appreciate each situation and business is different. That is why we offer a consultative and bespoke solution to every client. We know one size does not ‘fit all’.
Start your global expansion journey today
Expand faster and stay compliant in over 150 countries without a legal entity
- Expand globally and deploy quickly
- A single global portal for all your hiring needs
- No legal entity required
- Experienced expert team