About TopSource Worldwide and our company culture
We’re a professional, dedicated team operating in every major market across the globe, with a knack for helping businesses thrive and expand. We offer our payroll and professional employer organisation (PEO) services to businesses of all sizes in a growing number of over 100 countries — and counting!
TopSource Worldwide brings a level of service and business value to midsize companies that was previously only available to the largest global corporations. Our services are easy to deploy, affordable and scalable — from basic payroll and accounting functions to complete employer of record (EOR) solutions.
We champion and invest in our people and provide a supportive environment with a no-blame culture. For our clients, we are a trusted partner and operate in a consultative and collaborative way to drive win-win outcomes at every opportunity.
We are looking to share our success with a passionate, committed and self-driven candidate looking to be part of an exciting and challenging journey ahead.
Sound like you? Then carry on reading…
Type of role
Permanent, full time
As per market standard
Hours of work
Mon- Fri: 8.5 hrs & Sat: 3.5 hrs
Overview of role
As a Accounts Executive-GL, you will be responsible for maintaining general ledger entries and reconciling financial statements. You will also be responsible for ensuring that the ledger data is accurate and precise. Ideally, you should be working in collaboration with the various departments for accounting data. In addition to this, you should possess good analytical and problem-solving abilities. Prior working experience as a GL Accounts Executive will be mandatory for this position.
The Accounts Executive – GL reports into the Assistant Finance Manager and is required to escalate issues to his direct line manager related to company. There are no roles that report into the Accounts Executive – GL.
Core job duties
- Preparing and managing general ledger entries.
- Reconciling financial statements.
- Ensuring precise data entry.
- Entering financial data in deferrals, accruals, and reclassifications.
- Supporting budgeting and forecasting activities.
- Interpreting and analysing financial information.
- Recording monthly and annual processes.
- Posting journal entries in the accounting system.
- Tracking fixed asset ledger.
- Assistance in FP&A (Financial Planning & Analysis).
- Filing income tax returns.
- Collaborating with various departments such as Sales, operations and other departments.
- Assisting the team with accounting issues and queries.
- Working in compliance with government regulations.
- Adhering to accounting standards and regulations.
- Staying updated with the best practices in accounting.
Key attributes and skills
- Good knowledge of accounting principles and standards.
- Ability to solve complex accounting problems and errors.
- Proficiency in accounting software such as Tally.ERP 9, Xero, QuickBooks, and others.
- Strong knowledge of financial bookkeeping procedures.
- A sharp eye for detail.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to manage multi-task simultaneously.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Tools.
- Illustrate the ability to meet deadlines.
- Team player and ability to motivate the team members.
- Exceptional organizational and analytical skills.
Required qualifications, training and technical knowledge
- CA/CMA inter / MBA / M com degree in Accounting or a similar field.
- 4+ years of experience working as a Accountant Executive-GL, or a similar role in the Accounting department.