Hiring in Cameroon
Often called a ‘miniature version of Africa’, Cameroon’s people, landscapes and cities are diverse to the point where visitors can experience deserts, rainforests, savannas and mountains without leaving Cameroon’s borders. Mix in amazing music and dancing and some of the best African cuisine and Cameroon becomes a vibrant place to live and do business.
Cameroon has one of Africa’s largest populations and fastest-growing economies, with petroleum, gold and timber exported to nations across the world.
Cameroon still suffers many of the issues that African nations face, including corruption, black and grey markets, and limited worker’s rights and employment laws. Hiring is still very much piecemeal and dictated by guidelines, and basics like social security and medical benefits are pretty much non-existent.
Extremely low wages of around $1.90 per day for the typical worker make hiring in Cameroon desirable, but ethically questionable, but the real challenges arise with glacial administration processes and little to no support for international business. Extra attention to detail and a full understanding of local culture and practices are needed before investing in Cameroon.
Why use TopSource Worldwide in Cameroon?
We free your teams from the burden of managing payroll across borders, working diligently to ensure a seamless process across all activities.
We’ll manage the data flow from you to every local market and will return data to you in a readable format for each of your key teams, including payroll journals if needed.
Our services combine process excellence with a human-centric approach, and our top priority is always the care and compliance of your payroll — no matter where in the world you operate.
- Leverage our experience and ensure in-country Payroll compliance.
- Reduce processing and back office time.
- Align processes, reducing complexity and risk
- A single, centrally managed payroll system that delivers a fluid and consistent service to you and your employees.
- Flexibility of service — adapting to your needs, regardless of the market.
- The option to work with other providers you already have in place, if needed.
- Global HR data management and data tracking where required.
- Global payments support for both employees and authorities.
- A dedicated team and account manager so that you always have a central point of contact
What TopSource Worldwide provides in Cameroon
- Simplicity – we provide one monthly consolidated invoice for the services provided inclusive of salaries, taxes, fees and employee expenses. This reduces banking costs and your finance teams time spent.
- One point of contact – a single Account manager looking after all your Payroll.
- Compliance – all funds payable to the employee are processed through payroll. You receive monthly evidence of taxation paid to the competent authorities in country.
- All services are provided by in-country experts that are professionally qualified in their respective fields.
- Electronic payslips for all employees.
- All Statutory filing completed by TopSource Worldwide.
We appreciate each situation and business is different. That is why we offer a consultative and bespoke solution to every client. We know one size does not ‘fit all’.
Start your global expansion journey today
Expand faster and stay compliant in over 150 countries without a legal entity
- Expand globally and deploy quickly
- A single global portal for all your hiring needs
- No legal entity required
- Experienced expert team