Hiring in Sri Lanka
Known as Ceylon until its independence from Great Britain in 1948, the island nation of Sri Lanka is known for its fine tea, its passion for cricket and its beautiful coastline and interior, which attracts up to two million visitors annually.
Sri Lanka enjoys a free and open economy dominated by services and agriculture. Sri Lanka follows a ‘100% organic’ policy, important for the tea industry, which makes up 7% of exports. However, clothing and garment production is the leading industry, with up to half of all exports coming from these goods.
Sri Lankan workers are covered by Sri Lanka’s extensive employment laws and wages are significantly higher than other nations in the region that share similar economies and industries. Hiring in Sri Lanka from an international perspective is popular, with skilled workers and extensive English language skills an enticing prospect.
Foreign investment is extensive, especially from China, and infrastructure megaprojects like a new finance centre in the capital Colombo and a new deep water port in the South are building Sri Lanka’s offering. However, national debt and a burgeoning economic crisis post-Covid are casting a shadow over previously strong growth.
Why use TopSource Worldwide in Sri Lanka?
We free your teams from the burden of managing payroll across borders, working diligently to ensure a seamless process across all activities.
We’ll manage the data flow from you to every local market and will return data to you in a readable format for each of your key teams, including payroll journals if needed.
Our services combine process excellence with a human-centric approach, and our top priority is always the care and compliance of your payroll — no matter where in the world you operate.
- Leverage our experience and ensure in-country Payroll compliance.
- Reduce processing and back office time.
- Align processes, reducing complexity and risk
- A single, centrally managed payroll system that delivers a fluid and consistent service to you and your employees.
- Flexibility of service — adapting to your needs, regardless of the market.
- The option to work with other providers you already have in place, if needed.
- Global HR data management and data tracking where required.
- Global payments support for both employees and authorities.
- A dedicated team and account manager so that you always have a central point of contact
What TopSource Worldwide provides in Sri Lanka
- Simplicity – we provide one monthly consolidated invoice for the services provided inclusive of salaries, taxes, fees and employee expenses. This reduces banking costs and your finance teams time spent.
- One point of contact – a single Account manager looking after all your Payroll.
- Compliance – all funds payable to the employee are processed through payroll. You receive monthly evidence of taxation paid to the competent authorities in country.
- All services are provided by in-country experts that are professionally qualified in their respective fields.
- Electronic payslips for all employees.
- All Statutory filing completed by TopSource Worldwide.
We appreciate each situation and business is different. That is why we offer a consultative and bespoke solution to every client. We know one size does not ‘fit all’.
Start your global expansion journey today
Expand faster and stay compliant in over 150 countries without a legal entity
- Expand globally and deploy quickly
- A single global portal for all your hiring needs
- No legal entity required
- Experienced expert team